Friday, February 1, 2013

February Is Fabulous



Good morning my lovely ladies and gents! I can’t believe the first month of the New Year is over! Has anyone been successful in starting any of their New Year’s Resolutions? I’m happy to report that I have!
So here’s my update:
ü  I’ve been taking care of my hair, getting wash and sets every two weeks;
ü  I’ve been taking care of my skin day & night with the new products I purchased at The Body Shop;
ü  I’ve been hitting the gym 2-3 times a week for an hour; and
ü  I’ve lost a total of 5.2 pounds for the month of January
YYAAAYYYYYY!!!!! I’m starting off this New Year fierce!! J

February for me is going to be something spectacular! I have been accepted into this weight loss mentorship at my church that my Pastor has put together. She too wants to lose weight and she decided to select 12 other women to be a part of this journey with her. To enter, you had to apply on-line at her website and write a little bit about yourself. (This was some official business J) I applied ASAP! *lol* And long and behold, I am one of the chosen! Oh how I love my church and Pastors! They have the most awesome mentorships and ministries I have ever heard of! This is my first mentorship I’ll be a part of. So I’m super duper excited to get started and to get to know my Pastor on a personal level! It’s a 12 week program where we’ll meet twice a week for workouts and to create healthy meal plans. I cannot wait!

I also have lined up a new personal challenge for the month. Since February is the shortest month of the year, I decided in order to boost my weight loss I will drink a protein shake for one meal replacement every day! Think I can handle that for 28 days? I know it will be a challenge… but that’s why I picked the shortest month of the year. *lol* There are a lot of protein shakes out there but I only tried one brand and fell in love with it. Back in October when I did the Special K Challenge (and failed it... lol) was the first time I even had a protein shake. But they’re my favorite now! They have 4 delicious flavors. I have tried the strawberry-banana, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate. I think they’re pretty good and they do actually keep me feeling satisfied until my next meal. They’re good for after a workout too! Have them with a piece of fruit or yogurt and I’m sure you’ll fall in love too! Anyone up for the challenge with me? Come on…. Anybody?

I just can’t wait to see what my protein shake challenge and the mentorship will bring to my weight loss goal. I’m praying for high numbers folks! April is around the corner…. And I truly think I can reach my goal.

Well ya’ll… until next time... HOLLA♥

SB: It is BLACK HISTORY MONTH! And I’m sure all of you know the significance of this month. So I just want to say Thank You to all the innovating and inspirating people of the past, present, and future for our Black heritage. We've come a long way. And the path the past has paved for us is getting wider and greater today! Thank you for taking the risk of standing up when you were made to sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment