Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's December and I'm Determined

I know, I know what you’re thinking and saying. But you don’t have to tell me. I know I’ve been neglecting this blog. Not purposely, but for the simple fact that I had no progress to blog about it. *SMH* I fell victim to the “busy mom” life and then on top of that, the HOLIDAY SEASON! It’s like I blinked and it was Thanksgiving. I blinked again, and now it’s almost Christmas. Where is the time going??! I thought no one would notice that I hadn’t posted in weeks. I thought I could actually get away with maybe skipping a few more and hitting you with a “New Year, New Post” kind of update. But nope I got caught. Called out by my own MOTHER!! *LOL* I’m happy she did though. I’m glad I was missed by somebody J (SB: I talk to her every day. So she really doesn’t miss anything.) Anywho, on to what we all been waiting for… what have I been up to? Have I lost any weight? Any new news? What’s going on in the streets? *LOL*

All is great in my neighborhood! My family, friends and I are wonderful! I’m very thankful and grateful to God for blessing me with so many great people and possessions in my life. And with Christmas around the corner, I want to say to you all DO NOT FORGET THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! Thank God for everything you have and most importantly, for all He has done and will do for you. Ok, I had to get that out the way. J So, in regards to my lifestyle change of healthy living… I pretty much am at a plateau. Didn’t gain, didn’t lose. But I also didn’t focus or go hard like I set out to either. I hadn’t been to the gym or weight watchers. I just did my own thing as far as counting points and being mindful of what I was eating. I didn’t exercise AT ALL! Unless you count house work, chasing after my kids, doing laundry, and grocery shopping. Which to be honest, that IS exercising! *lol* So since my last post, I’ve been chillin. Oh, and if you're asking if I reached my 30 Pounds by Thanksgiving Challenge... umm.. No! *whomp whomp* It might have been 3 lbs though. *lol* I actually went through a brief phase of feeling like I didn’t want to be bothered with losing weight anymore. I felt like it was unfair I had to diet and exercise while others walked around here eating and doing whatever they wanted! I thought, why do I have to sacrifice that freedom and fun?! But like I said, it was brief! BACK TO LIFE, BACK TO REALITY! *lol* I actually found a new inspiration. Her name is Shana Wilson.  A gospel singer from Detroit whose songs really bless my worshipping. (SB: Look her up! You’ll love her!) I fell in love with her music/voice before I fell in love with HER. I started looking her up and she not only is my age, but is on a weight loss journey herself! She’s lost a lot of weight and looks amazing! I also just found out she's a Capricorn just like ME! So what better inspiration than to listen to gospel songs from a woman I feel so "connected" to? LOVE IT! LOVE HER!

So I’m glad to report that I’m more focused than ever! I went to the gym this week for a class and even woke up early to do an exercise video before my day got started (a.k.a. before the kids woke up- LOL). And I’m already feeling a difference. I’m glad that I have been making changes and conscious efforts NOW, so when the New Year hits “losing weight” won’t be a goal, it’ll already be my reality. I’m making 2013 MY year! My year to get to my weight loss goal and MORE! Let's just make 2013 OUR year! J

Well folks... that's all for now. I’m going to try posting twice a month. I started out every week. But looking back, every two weeks would be better for me. If not, at least I'd post once a month. More would be better… but you already know how I am. SMH! *LOL* Be blessed ya’ll. Until next time, I’ll HOLLA!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything mamas i wish u nuttin but the best n i know that u will succeed in whateva u want to do becuz u r amazing...told u i was gonna come though...ya girl Angie aka Santana!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww.... Thank you so much Angie!! I can't wait until you start your blog! Don't forget to hmu about it. Love you girl!
      Ay!
      Cam <3

      Delete